Saturday, October 18, 2014

A brief update

A few people have posted comments expressing concern that I haven't done any posts recently, and that maybe I've lost interest in the project. For that reason, I just thought I'd give a brief update assuring you that that's definitely not the case.

The fact is, after my previous post about the motion comic, I had an idea for a CG animation that I really liked, so I've been working on that for a while (see 'screenshot' below). The motion comic itself is about 80% finished, but is on hold at the moment. Anyway, rather than saying I was going to do something and then keep changing my story, I decided to just upload the animation when it was finished.

I'm now at the stage of final rendering, which is basically a process of waiting while my computer churns out the pictures (depending on image quality, that can actually take a number of weeks). In the meantime, I'm also working on something else, but I'll give more details about that when I'm confident it's close to completion.

Many thanks for your continued interest.


5 comments :

  1. Lamivex,

    It's a shame you don't have a rendering farm like Pixar or Dreamworks!

    So, no hints as to what the nice lady is up to?

    Looking forward to your next reveal
    ptathuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my CG animations with the open source software Blender (a fantastic program with a huge, active community) and use its 'Cycles' internal render engine. Cycles is relatively new, and still has its issues, but it has enormous promise and is getting better (and faster) all the time.

      It will be great when we get to the point where computers are fast enough to do production quality rendering almost in real time, but for now (especially with just a single PC) you still have to be very carefully about keeping rendering times down. Ho hum!

      P.S. The nice lady is taking part in a little demonstration. Please stay tuned.

      Regards.

      Delete
  2. What's going to happen with the Joun and Susan story line?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stuff is pretty great with nice animation. In the future, you should do something like the tickling school, but with Superheroines who have been defeated and captured and now must be re-purposed as slaves to be sold by the dominatrix (with help from stud henchmen), who has been hired by the crime syndicate to rid them of the meddling heroines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site is poor ten years after this

    ReplyDelete