Friday, October 21, 2016

Update (or 'Return of the Revenge of Episode 3')

Here is an update to let people know the present situation with regard to current (or rather half finished) projects. First of all, many thanks to all those people who have posted encouraging comments. I really feel I should answer at least some of them individually, but, on the other hand, also think I need to post some sort of update as a first priority.

Creation of the 'New Enforced Chastity' game went fairly smoothly, and I hope to release the non-evaluation (paid) version before the end of the year. With regard to LLP projects, I seem to have accumulated a lot of half completed artwork, and my motivation to finish it is at a bit of a low ebb. However, in the 'vacuum' that this has created, I've started working on Episode 3 in earnest. Now, I know some of you will be thinking "Yes, I've heard that before!", but this time I believe it's really going to happen. I can't face the long render times involved in using the Blender 'Cycles' render engine again, so I'm going to use Unreal Engine (like I did for the 'Snapper' video). Of course, that creates its own challenges (exporting meshes and animations from Blender, etc), but at least they're relatively fresh ones.

Incidentally, there's going to be a big new release of Blender (presumably next year) which will include realistic real time rendering similar to that in Unreal Engine. This will hopefully provide the best of both worlds, and be a big motivator with regard to future CG animations!

While I'm working on Episode 3, I also hope to produce a few single frame comics, i.e. one-off stuff that I can get finished within a few days, before my motivation runs out!

Regards.

8 comments :

  1. That's fantastic news...I am assuming your talking about Episode 3 of your original John and Susan LLP work - if so. I've been waiting a long time/ Can hardly wait - looking forward to the teaser stills and of course the final product
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm certainly excited to see anything. Single frame comics are fun, if you have a big pile of them you should use them as buffers between to projects to keep us salivating for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you considered Source Film Maker?
    I've seen some great penis shrinking animations and the like using that, and apparently it's easy to get to grips with.

    Here's some examples of the results people have been able to get:
    https://my.mixtape.moe/dfrfmh.webm
    https://my.mixtape.moe/ehfsnr.webm
    Copyright might be an issue with all of the videogame characters people base their meshes on, but it looks like a good way to acheive polished results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually downloaded Source Film Maker a while ago and looked into it quite extensively. There's a lot about it that's really great, because (as I'm sure you know) unlike Unreal Engine you can actually create and edit character animation inside the software. However, I want to import my own characters, and the process for doing that into SFM turned out to be so horrendously convoluted that I abandoned the idea. Another significant factor was that the rendering in UE is quite a lot more realistic. So, at present, UE seems to be the best option (though it's not ideal by any means).

      When Blender 2.8 finally comes out, I'm really hoping that it will be the best solution, as it's going to have a viewport rendering engine based on the principles used in Unreal Engine. This will allow the models to be created, animated and rendered (at UE quality and speed) entirely within Blender.

      Delete
    2. Wow... you need to post where you found those cause I would like more :P Please

      Delete
  4. Got any more of those mixtape ones

    ReplyDelete