Saturday, August 29, 2015

Update

Here is a quick update, just to let you know the state of progress.

'Snapper' is coming along well. I'm mainly at the stage of editing and creating the motion graphics for the descriptions that appear during the movie. When I've edited together a rough version, I'll go back and tweak some of the animation. At the end of the story, a certain object (I won't say what!) has to fall onto the floor and bounce off it, and since that's easier to create in Unreal Engine, I need to look at one or two tutorial videos regarding physics simulation. In any case, I think the whole movie will be finished within the next two weeks.

A word of warning though, Snapper was originally intended as a kind of 'proof of concept' for doing movies using UE4 (although—as always seems to happen—the form of presentation has grown a bit). For that reason, the 'Snapper' is the only character that fully appears and moves around. I hope the little blighter is enough to keep your interest!

I've also been thinking a lot about ideas for one-off artwork. The trouble is that, to do them justice, they need to involve a dialog, monologue or short sequence of images. They're best realized as a 'motion comic' style movie (like Pamphlets), or as 'kinetic short story' (like Teasehouse). In either case, from the lessons I learned on those previous projects, the workflow will be simpler. I think I've settled on doing one particular idea, and I'm really intent on it not dragging on or taking too long. It involves one character drawing (+ different expressions) and a 'motion comic' style monologue.

Visitors is still on ice. The next time I mention it will probably be when I release the whole thing (including the earlier frames) as a slideshow. That's because, at this stage, presenting the whole story together will help the impact of the final frames, so that's what I've decided to do.

Regards.

8 comments :

  1. I still wonder why you have as of yet to ask for community help. You clearly have fans some whom must be talented in artistic ways. You could sketch out pamphlets take a shitty cell phone pic and some one would surely finish that in 48 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a while ago you mentioned having a kind of punch line to your work, I think this worked particularly well in pamphlets. Perhaps the single frame with dialogue would be easy to work with, including clickable text to advance at the users own speed, some people read fast, some slow. But then maybe stretch to the punch line image as well if it's not too much extra bother. I think having that build up then final image would give a big impact at the correct moment so to speak and elevate it just from text based storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In trying to plan some single frame artwork, I realized that most of my ideas really need more than a single picture and text to express them successfully. Even if the story itself is really short, the ability to 'orchestrate' the appearance of the 'punchline' image using motion (or at least motion graphics) is very valuable. My next short project (which is a kind of 'Snapper' spin-off) will be a 'motion comic' like 'Pamphlets', but in the form of a monologue with one character. I'm confident that, with the lessons I've learned from my previous workflow, I'll be able to produce it quickly and enjoyably.

      Delete
  3. Snapper sounds like it's almost finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact me, I would like to do some collaborating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love much of your work, especially the Susan & John series. I'll be honest though, even though I have a real cuckold interest, and have done it for real, I really don't get the whole deballing thing which seems a constant thread in the stuff you have created. If such a thing did happen then the poor unfortunate husband would lose his sex drive and thus no longer derive sexual satisfaction from his wife's future encounters, and thus it would be counter-productive, surely?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to see the material on the deballing device. It's a blue slidshow somewhere on here.

      Delete
  6. I check this blog everyday. can we get release dates or something?

    ReplyDelete