Sunday, April 6, 2014

LLP 'Cosmology'

As a virtual reality simulation, Ladies’ Love Paradise - if it really ‘existed’ - would present some kind of overall environment to the people inside it, what you might call the ‘cosmology’ of the virtual universe. I don’t know why, but for LLP I like the concept of groups of ‘islands’ floating in a clear blue sky above the clouds. I looked on the internet to see if I could find any deep Freudian significance behind this idea, but with no clear results. On the other hand, floating islands/cities etc. are certainly popular tropes in SF and fantasy:



Since LLP is a virtual reality world, at least there’s no need to worry about any physical inconsistencies that might be involved. In virtual reality, you can change the laws of physics to suit your own requirements! Here is my idea:


I'll be featuring this environment more explicitly in some of my future animations.

4 comments :

  1. Fantastic, a great way to visualize the world, and it was exactly the way I had imagined it myself, certainly on some type of space ship, but this makes way more sense now. Is there a definite way the participants end up in LLP, like a shop advertised on TV "total recall" style? That's the way I pictured it at least, I'd like to see the disclaimers on the legal paperwork and members of staff introducing John and Susan to the ideas. It would be great to see happy couples returning from their time in the paradise and recommending John and Susan try it out. Or at least the ladies recommending it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm actually part way through an 'Episode 0' CG video which gives a back story on what LLP is, and briefly comments on how it interacts with the real world. Like you, I also feel that some scenarios featuring LLP being advertised / recommended would be fun!

      Delete
  2. Lamivex,

    This is perfect for the animation setting. Also, for the story, it allows for variations of fantasies. We are concentrating on the interracial area, with John and Susan. There can be other areas for any variation on a theme. The possibilities are endless. Fantastic - in the true sence of the word.

    I can't help but notice that the image you posted first here is 'cosmology2.png'? Can't help but wonder what happened to 1. Will there be a 3?

    Staying tuned
    ptathuk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The file being called 'cosmology2.png' is actually just a product of saving to a different file name during the process of creating the picture. However, my idea is that the 'floating islands' are a kind of 'base level' with other environments being available as 'Subsims' which present themselves as VR simulations within the main simulation. These would be more exotic and varied, and some would include specific fantasy scenarios ('lady explorers' in a 'jungle' being 'captured' by muscle bound 'natives', lovers with 'prehensive' appendages etc... the possibilities are endless!). I'll do a 'poster' similar to the cosmology one explaining these ideas in more detail.

      Delete